Tuesday, June 16, 2009

IT sector

Really a strange life exist in IT sector. Here every day is a new day. Not to talk abt life, here you can’t even plan your day. Few month back, I was happy that in this recession period, I am having a project for a year at least. Suddenly, one day I got the news that the client has decided not to continue with the project on which I was working. But then there was a ray of hope that client is considering some other model where we will be required. I went on vacations with this hope that my future is in safe hands. But the first day of my vacations, I was emailed that my name had been removed from the team which is going to work with the project team. So have to come back to my consulting group. In this recession time, sitting idly doing some internal work seemed not favorable. Then one of the client came and asked for my and other colleagues CV for their requirement. There were lots of rays of hope. 2 rounds of interview and I was not selected. Other colleague was selected. The team who was selected for my earlier client has also come back. Client found no work for them also. So lots of people w/o project around. But we have found the ways to keep us busy may be doing certification, may be working on internal projects or may be having more fun activities. Now I have realized, life outside the projects can also be enjoyable provided the sword of billing does not hang on your neck J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: This blog contains my personal opinions and does not reflect the opinions of any organisation or institution I am / was associated with.