Monday, September 19, 2005

3 years work ex.........

I passed out of engineering college with lots of dreams. But all dreams got shattered when Tata Infotech ltd. keep on postponing the joining because of software slump. After six months wait, I got the interview call from JK White Cement Works. and just before the interview day, I got the rejection letter from Tata Infotech ltd. But it was my capabilities and self confidence that I got the job in JK White Cement Works, Gotan (Rajasthan). I spent one year there. It was really a great experience of doing job in a factory. My boss was a nice person. He tried his best to make me a good engineer and I learnt a lot under his guidance.

After spending some time in JK White cement works, I started to look for some better job, as my job was repetitive. After one year, I got the chance for appearing in an interview for Assistant Manager – Process in Associated Cement Cos. (ACC) and I was selected for the post. It was a good breakthrough for me. I worked for more than two years in ACC. I met many people with whom I worked as subordinate, as peer and as senior. While working in ACC, my initiative and team skills got developed. I got chance to work under many senior managers, each having different kind of personality. But lot of learning took place..From every one I gained a lot..many of them motivated me for higher studies and because of them I am doing MBA today. I also got the chance to interact with the international clients, which was a good opportunity to understand the persons of different countries. But of course some negative aspects were also there...which I think I need not to dicuss today.Will write about that later some time.


It was not typical work culture in my office....We used to have lots of parties there....especially farewell parties..... Lots of masti and fun..which I really miss in B-school. The last party I attended was my farewell party. It was too good.

I have very sweet memories of my job experience..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: This blog contains my personal opinions and does not reflect the opinions of any organisation or institution I am / was associated with.